Serin,Isla's middle name...

Serin,Isla's middle name...

Thursday 24 January 2013

Sausage Roll 2 Slavonian Grebe 1

By the title of the post,you would of thought the Slavonian Grebe was the loser,far from it.
I decided on Rainham again today,partially because of the Sausage Rolls,i had 2 today but mainly because i wanted to go back to where my problems with the camera lied yesterday and i am glad i did.
As soon as i walked into the centre i was told there was a Slav Grebe on the Thames.Any normal birder would of been up there like a shot,especially just after high tide but not me,i calmly sat down,demolished a sausage roll,cup of tea and cake and strode upto the sea wall,passing Howard on the way who reliably informed me it was still in Aveley Bay.I got there,got decent shots,got some more and carried on birding the wall area,plenty of pipits,mainly meadow but a few Rocks around.
I went back to the centre in time to grab the last Sausage Roll before going to get some more shots of the "Slav".
A couple of hours later my birding was complete and i have spent the last few hours between jobs,sorting out 1500 photos,which i have sort of done with my dodgy laptop,the results are below.
My camera btw seems a bit better today but not 100%,i gave it a bit of a clean last night






























































No comments:

Post a Comment