Serin,Isla's middle name...

Serin,Isla's middle name...

Sunday 21 October 2012

Birding out west today

A late night working and a mid day job to Ascot today meant that I spent this afternoon birding to the West of London,not an area I am too familiar with although I have spent a bit of time over at Staines reservoirs,especially early this year.I did contemplate with the idea of going back there but decided against it,instead I visited the Thames near Runnymede for a couple of hours,without my camera,yes birding without my camera !!!!
Parked up in the car park I strolled along the bank of the river,I didn't expect too much this time of year,but I found the following on and around the famous old river.
Kingfisher,3 Common Buzzards,1Red Kite,Reed Bunting,6 Egyptian geese,Teal,wigeon,Mallards
A few Shoveler,kestrel,3 Redwings (my first of the Autumn/winter)
I then moved over to some Woodland near Virginia Waters,pretty much the usual stuff,some more Redwings a few Song Thrushes,a lovely Mistletoe Thrush and a nice pit of Bullfinches,I even heard a Tawny Owl around 5.30pm just as I was leaving,a nice day out but a bit damp as it rained pretty much all afternoon,back to the coast tomorrow with my camera,bins and scope to hopefully find some migrants etc.

No comments:

Post a Comment