Serin,Isla's middle name...

Serin,Isla's middle name...

Sunday 16 December 2012

Saved by the scrape

Another photo less blog,due to the fact that I have been able to take no fecking photos the last few days,been busy with work,or watching football or having problems with my motor.
Saturday I did a bird walk,as the leader.For the first hour or so it was quite embarrassing as we manged to see around 30 redpolls,2 flyover bullfinch and heard another couple.The walk was to showcase the birds on site but to start with,showcased the lack of birds around,so we decided (pre arranged obviously) to retire for a spot of brekkie to the centre,on coming out gain we headed to the scrape,on the way down there we had these thrush,although the Redwings have stripped the berries,a few remain.
On getting to he scrape,my joy me excitement was paramount as it turned out they had cleared the scrape,giving us great views of the resident Green sandpiper,then a Grey wagtail,a little egret,3 snipe and some Linnets,a Male Sparrowhawk just added to the grat second half and around 20 lomgiled its and a few Goldcrest rounded the walk off nicely,shame only  4 People turned up although for my first walk it wasn't the worst number,o mart Alex's trying to prove me wrong.
My weekend was made better by midday when I went to pick Rumbo up for Xmas,he lives in ibiza and then Hornchurch beat Basingstoke 3-0
Come on you urchins

No comments:

Post a Comment