Serin,Isla's middle name...

Serin,Isla's middle name...

Friday 2 November 2012

Oooh aaah Harrier

Took a trip over to Blue House Farm today to catch up with the place after a 2 Week absense,nothing much has changed since my last visit except there's a lot more water around on the field,meaning weeklies are probably advisable,although I just had my boots on,my feet stayed pretty dry.
Not too much to report from the first hide,Steve and Neil who were in there when I arrived had Stonechat,in the half hour or so I was in there I think I managed a coot and a couple of Little Grebes.
We moved on to the second hide where we got great views and shots of a Marsh Harrier,a few ducks and waders were starting to move on the incoming tide.
We stayed for an hour or so,Steve left to go home,we moved to the furthest hide where once again we were rewarded with cracking views of Marsh harrier,Golden Plovers were high up,Pintail showed well.
We went on the Sea wall for high tide but nothing on there,so moved back to the hide where we were soon joined by tom.We stayed for most of the Afternoon before moving back,trying to see Owls on the way back to car park,via the Sea wall,we didnt see any but did see plenty of Brent Geese and Grey Plovers on the mud,a few Ringed Plover and Dunlin,a few Knot were whizzing around and the Curlew were feasting.We got back to the car soon after 5pm,it pretty dark and still no Owls but a rewarding day.
Here is some photos.


















No comments:

Post a Comment